05 January 2012

'Stache Mug:

I'm really slow in the process of giving Christmas presents.  Every year I either stress about having to rush at the last minute or I have to wait until after Christmas day to give gifts.  This past year was no exception.  I can honestly say I'm still working on making and putting together presents for various people, oops.  I'm very thankful for the people in my life that show me so much grace around the holidays. 

Since I do struggle with being punctual, I'm always looking for quick, inexpensive and quality things to give to people as gifts.  One of the ones I want to share is a painted mug that I made for my dad.

You need three things:  A plain white mug (I suppose it could be colored too if you want), A Pebeo Porcelain 150 Paint Pen (I found them at Michael's), and a working oven.

Basically, all you have to do is paint your design on the mug.  Let it dry for 24 hours.  Finally, put it in the oven for 35 minutes at 300 degrees(F) Baking it makes it dishwasher and microwave safe.

And before you bake it, if you make mistakes you can wipe off the paint easily.

This is what my final product looks like:



My dad wanted a fu manchu on the other side of his "bro 'stache mug" as he calls it, so that way he would have a 'stache no matter what hand he drinks with.  It was fun and easy to make and it's a great gift for any coffee drinking mustache enthusiast.