06 January 2012

Eggnog Pancakes and Black Raspberry Syrup:

I've had an annoying amount of free time lately so I'm trying to be semi productive.  That's why I've recently been using the blog that I completely abandoned for a whole semester.  This will probably be the last thing I can post since my spring semester is starting and I have more important things to do.  But, this summer there will be exciting things to share various stories and pictures of, I'm sure.

The inspiration for this recipe is the fact that after Christmas people tend to have left over... everything.  It's really nice to be able to re-purpose food so nothing goes to waste.  With the left over eggnog that's been pushed to the back of your refrigerator you can make pancakes!

You'll need:

2C All Purpose Flour                                   2 eggs
4 tsp baking powder                                     1 1/2 C eggnog
1/2 tsp salt                                                    2 tsp butter
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg                                 3 Tbs granulated sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon                                          1 tsp vanilla
1/4C milk (if needed)

In one bowl combine the flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and nutmeg.  In a separate bowl beat together the butter, eggnog, eggs and vanilla.  Gradually pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.  If the batter seems too thick add some milk to thin it out.

The Black Raspberry Syrup is super easy to make as well.

What you need: Maple Syrup and Black Raspberry All Fruit (Same stuff I used in the frosting for the Whoopie Pies)

Start heating the syrup (on medium low so it doesn't burn) in a small pan and add a heaping Tbs of the All Fruit to the syrup.  Whisk it together until the fruit breaks down and works into the syrup.




Now that I'm going back to school in just a few days, I won't have endless amounts of time.  I'm going to miss being home with my family and friends.  God has blessed me so much with an incredible family.  It's a bitter sweet feeling seeing one another; having to go our separate ways hurts.  It's nice that we're all in the U.S. at the same time though! 

It's going to be an amazing year.  I can just feel it.  The Lord has wonderful, great things planned.  Whether or not we can see it at the time, His plan is good and exactly what's right.  And I can't wait to see how everything unfolds.